Monday, October 20, 2014

Engage NY fun

This month has been hectic.  We just finished up parent teacher conferences.  As I said in my previous post, we are piloting EngageNY.  At conferences, I found when I wanted to talk about how a child was progressing through the topics, I really didn't have any "meat".  I didn't like showing the exit ticket, when the majority only had 1 problem.  So it took me several days to create an end of the topic assessment.  I created them to look like EngageNY, so they are not cute.  If you are teaching Engage NY, then the students should be familiar with the layout.  Topic A assessment looks like this:
I have made the whole module available on TPT.  Following each assessment are the directions and answer key.  The first few tests, I don't have the directions on the test, because in the beginning of the year I like to give this test aloud.  After the first few then directions are written on the test.

I will begin working on module 2 this weekend.  It took me a long time to align all the boxes and insert the clipart.  Although module 2 is shorter, I'm dreading how much time it will take.  Hope you are enjoying your year.  :)

If you are interested in these here are the links to my bundles, from that page you can pick individual modules if that's what you are interested in:
Kindergarten bundle:  https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/BUNDLE-EngageNY-End-of-Topic-Assessments-Kindergarten-1732206
First grade bundle:  https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/BUNDLE-EngageNY-End-of-Topic-Assessments-First-Grade-1619090

No comments:

Post a Comment