Saturday, December 20, 2014

Teacher PD

I have been focusing on training our staff.  Last Saturday my partner and I gave a training to all of our new teachers, on the introduction to Thinking Maps, introducing all eight maps.  The training went well.  Everytime I do a training I learn something new or exciting.  This time we had 4th grade teachers that were applying all 8 maps to the Titanic.  It was really cool how they did this.  One of the teachers asked if we could create all eight maps in different formats, so teachers could create their own presentations.  I made them in powerpoint, word, and SmartNotebook.  You might find these useful, too.  Follow the link below:

Thinking Maps Templates

In about a month we will be training all of our primary teachers on report of information.  I can't wait to hear all of the great ideas our teachers share with us! Like I said, I learn so much from the teachers, even though I'm the trainer.

In addition, I made some changes to my EngageNY assessments that are on TeachersPayTeachers.  I have completed all of the modules in first grade and I am currently working on Kindergarten Module 3.

Here is the link to first grade module 1, within that page you can find all the modules:

Here is the link to kindergarten module 1 the link to module 2 is within that page.
EngageNY Module 1 End of Topic Assessments

I also was so sick of trying to figure out which standard I was teaching and continually referring back to the website to see which standard I was teaching in the topic.  So, I created "I can" statements with the module and topic number in the bottom left corner.   After making them for first grade, my kindergarten teachers asked if I'd make the statements for them.  Some teachers wanted whole sheets, other preferred them in half sheets.  The link below is for the "I can" statement on the whole sheet, if you prefer them on the half sheet the link is within the TeachersPayTeacher's page.  

Kindergarten "I can" statements whole sheet
First Grade "I can" statements whole sheet

Or you may just want to browse my store:  TeachersPayTeachers
Have Fun!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment