Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Summer time

I get overwhelmed and forget about this blog.  I am enjoying my summer, but continue to work and plan for the upcoming school year.  I'm currently preparing for a Professional Development  my team and I will be doing for teachers their first day of school.  We will be presenting Thinking Maps in writing and also how to follow the Engage NY, math modules.  Whew!

 I love summer, but it feels like I've been working more than vacationing.  This year my focus in my classroom will be writing.  I will be teaching first grade.  I will be sharing a classroom with another teacher.  It will be an interesting job.  We will be taking turns, one week teaching, the next week a thinking maps coach.  We will see how this all goes.  I am looking forward to this new opportunity.  I love the students so having the opportunity to have a classroom and be a coach is a dream come true.  I will keep you all updated. 

Please check out my TPT store: https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Gina-Hickerson 

No comments:

Post a Comment